How I spent my “spring break”:
- Shadowed in Infectious Diseases. Not as sexy as it seems in movies…but pretty awesome all the same. Strep, staph, yeast, endocarditis…and LEPROSY
- The attending pulled a Khmer statue of Alexander the Great from 300 BC that had been exhibited for 30 years at the Met, and started lecturing about Alexander the Great, typhoid, malaria, empyema and Cleopatra…I touched the statue, too! ID is awesome.
- Cooked! Including some deep-fried chicken that made me very proud.
- Napped each day for about 2 hours. Achievement? Yes.
- Watched the whole first season of Mad Men alone, 200 lbs Beauty with Koreans I love (too bad I didn’t love the movie), Chernobyl Diaries with boys, Jurassic Park 3D with girls.
- Finished a pretty cool drawing, which I will post soon…drew a ton of other stuff too!
- Ate frozen yogurt and Cherry Garcia (my friend just introduced me to this magic) on the couch, in my pjs. Hence this doodle. Good, good times.
Essentially, I spent this whole week goofing off and not studying. I barely cracked open my notes once. But hey, it’s not like I have microbiology and pharmacology final exams next week…oops I do